The Division of Student Affairs is comprised of a number of independent yet interconnected departments responsible for helping students build an SSU presence that complements their academic experience. Focusing on leadership, personal responsibility, self-advocacy, and lifelong learning, the Division engages students by developing the personal and professional skills needed to be successful in life.
The purpose of the Division of Student Affairs at Sonoma State University is to provide programs, services, and initiatives that ensure student success, promote a sense of belonging, and foster holistic student development.
- Advance a community that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
- Provide quality programs, services, initiatives, and infrastructure that ensure student success, progress towards degree completion, and timely graduation.
- Deliver purpose-driven co-curriculum and leadership cultivation integral to Sonoma State’s community learning framework.
- Provide physical and mental health care, early intervention, and preventive education to promote health, wellbeing, and safety.
- Ground our work in current research and best practices as scholar-practitioners in the field of higher education.
- Provide university leadership in areas of student and community safety, student development, health, wellbeing, and citizenship.
- Be good stewards of our fiscal and personnel resources.
- Pursue a culture of evidence and continuous improvement.
- Provide opportunities to neighboring communities to encourage higher education access and degree completion.