Re-established in 2018
Superseded by: Students of Concern Committee
Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
The Dean of Students will act as Chair.
Members include representatives from the University Police Department, Counseling and Psychological Services, Disability Services for Students, the Student Conduct Officer, Student Health Center, Confidential Advocacy, Academic Advising, Academic Affairs, Office of Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination (OPHD) (TitleIX) and Residential Education and Campus Housing.
Others may be invited by the Chair to participate in specific meetings or enlisted to collaborate on interventions, as appropriate (e.g., International Education and Exchange, faculty, EOP, Seawolf Scholars, Deans).
Affiliates: Athletics, HUB Cultural Center, Student Involvement
Term and Appointment:
Annual, by position
Every Tuesday at 1:00pm
The CARE team promotes wellbeing and student success. This multidisciplinary team coordinates resources and education for the campus community in identifying and referring student behavior that is distressing, disruptive, or concerning. The team also coordinates assessment and intervention services for students referred to the CARE team.
Charge to Committee:
Act as an advisory committee to the VPSA with regard to students of concern and their wellbeing by:
- providing and encouraging utilization of appropriate resources for students, faculty, staff, and community members
- promoting a safe living, learning, and working environment
- facilitating connection and collaboration among students, faculty, staff, and community members
- supporting responsible choices and personal/community responsibility
Current Year Membership:
- Kathy Andersen, Student Health
- Nicole Annaloro, Athletics
- Michael Balasek, Academic Advising
- Brent Boyer; Director, Disability Services for Students
- Sarah Clegg; Coordinator, Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination (OPHD)
- Ben Ellis, Residential Conduct Officer
- Britnie Hopkins (OPHD-Title IX)
- Vacant; Director, Student Conduct
- Ryan Jasen Henne; Dean of Students (Chair)
- Andrew Kerlow-Myers; Counselor, CAPS
- M Victoria Liptak, Accreditation and Assessment Coordinator; Academic Programs
- Karen Moranski; AVP, Academic Programs
- Susan Pulido; Confidential Advocate
- LeRoy Swicegood; Police Lt., Police Services
- Laura Williams; Director, CAPS