Re-established in 2018
Superseded by: Students of Concern Committee
Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs
The Dean of Students will act as Chair.
Members include representatives from the University Police Department, Counseling and Psychological Services, Disability Services for Students, the Student Conduct Officer, Student Health Center, Confidential Advocacy, Academic Advising, Academic Affairs, Office of Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination (OPHD) (TitleIX) and Residential Education and Campus Housing.
Others may be invited by the Chair to participate in specific meetings or enlisted to collaborate on interventions, as appropriate (e.g., International Education and Exchange, faculty, EOP, Seawolf Scholars, Deans, Athletics, Fraternity & Sorority Life).
Affiliates: Athletics, HUB Cultural Center, Student Involvement
Term and Appointment:
Annual, by position
The CARE team promotes wellbeing and student success. This multidisciplinary team coordinates resources and education for the campus community in identifying and referring student behavior that is distressing, disruptive, or concerning. The team also coordinates assessment and intervention services for students referred to the CARE team.
Charge to Committee:
Act as an advisory committee to the VPSA with regard to students of concern and their wellbeing by:
- providing and encouraging utilization of appropriate resources for students, faculty, staff, and community members
- promoting a safe living, learning, and working environment
- facilitating connection and collaboration among students, faculty, staff, and community members
- supporting responsible choices and personal/community responsibility
Current Year Membership:
- Ryan Jasen Henne, Dean of Students (Chair)
- Alvin Nguyen, Director, Center for Transfer and Transition Programs
- Brent Boyer, Director, Disability Services for Students
- Ben Ellis, Director, Student Conduct
- Stacey Murray, Associate Director, REACH
- Erin Hunter, Director, REACH
- Julie Vivas, Director, Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination (OPHD)
- Calee Spinney, CARE Team Coordinator
- Katie Musick, Coordinator, Academic Programs
- Vacant, Confidential Advocate
- Nader Oweis, Chief, University Police
- Karen Werder, Faculty Representative
- Laura Williams, Director, CAPS
Alerts are LoboConnect's referral system and help connect students who may benefit from additional assistance to the Coordinated Care Network. Issuing an alert automatically generates a Case which is managed by the department which the Case is assigned to. Access to alerts is based on your user role permission.
Reminder: If you have a concern about the student which is more confidential or immediate in nature please complete a Student of Concern Report with the CARE Team. If a student appears to be in imminent danger of harming self or others please call University Police at 707-664-4444 or call 911.