Re-established in 2018; Revised Dec. 2019
Vice President for Student Affairs
Charge to Committee:
To promote wellbeing and student success by creating an environment in the SSU community that supports informed, lawful, wise decision-making and behavior related to alcohol and other drug use.
Advisory to the VPSA with regard to student substance use/misuse/abuse with the intention of promoting:
a safe living, learning, and working environment;
the use of critical thinking skills, self-awareness and personal/community responsibility;
healthy lifestyle choices and behaviors regarding alcohol and other drugs;
the collective alcohol and other drug educational resources available to SSU students.
REACH, Student Involvement, Office of the Dean of Students, Faculty, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Athletics, Student Health, University Police, Sonoma County Department of Health Services, Students, Counseling and Psychological Services, Confidential Advocacy, Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination.
Term and Appointment:
Annual or by position
Once a month for one hour.
Current Year Membership (2020-2021)
- Area Coordinator - Mimi Sullivan
- Athletics - Chelsea Hannen
- Confidential Advocate
- Counseling and Psychological Services - Andrew Kerlow-Myers
- Dean of Students - Ryan Jasen Henne
- Faculty Affairs: Napoleon Reyes
- Fraternity and Sorority Life Advisor - Abbie Page
- Office for Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination - Jennifer Edens
- REACH - Director of Conduct - Ben Ellis
- REACH Student - Audrey Shiomoto, RHA
- Sonoma County Department of Health Services - Donna Newman Fields
- Student Athletic Advisory Board Student Rep - TBD
- Student Health Center, Dr. Margot Brown
- *Student Involvement Director - Mo Phillips
- Undergrad Student Rep(appointed by AS) - Charles Bordy
- University Police - Nader Oweis
Other Staff to Committee:
- REACH Alcohol & Drug Prevention Educator - Steve MacDonald,
- Hope Dealers Advisor - TBD